Why Is Email Marketing Important
Just as the Hollywood classics depict paperboys throwing newspapers in front of your front porch, modern times bring digitalization of the latter. Having news delivered directly to your email inbox is an excellent way to become a satisfied dedicated customer of a news portal.
Applying the same logic towards marketing could see why email marketing is ideal for e-commerce businesses. Besides global reach, over 4300% return on investment and others here are some of the most significant benefits of email marketing.
The days of hiring paperboys to deliver your newspapers to people’s front doors are long past us. With email marketing, you avoid printing and postages fees you would otherwise have with other forms of marketing.
A good idea for email marketing is hiring software specialists to automatize this tedious process because it is tough to send thousands of emails a day by hand. This is the only fee that email marketers usually stumble upon.
Also, you should use this marketing calendar template to easily plan and organize your marketing plans.
You don’t need large teams to start a successful email marketing business. It is more than possible to spice up your emails with carefully selected pictures, templates, videos, and logos, all by yourself.
Some of the most successful email marketing campaigns only utilize simple plain text, which helps us conclude that the content of the text is the most important thing for an email marketer.
According to the online marketing magazine Marketing Week, email marketing drives over 35 billion dollars each year. It is a great way to capitalize on impulse buying since purchasing an item is a couple of clicks away from opening the email.
With clever text and a straight-to-checkout option, email marketers can significantly increase revenue. However, when paired with a marketing psychologist, sales can skyrocket.
Marketing Services and Platforms
Your complete marketing toolbox inside WordPress
Sendinblue is an effective and excellent email software for Small for Medium businesses. With the ability to have a free plan that limits you to 300 emails/day and a very economical premium plan of 25$ for the Lite version (10k emails a month), it is one of the cheapest email marketing services around.
However, Sendinblue does not come short of features even at an affordable price. Some of the key features are:
- Drag and Drop Editor
- It comes with an easy to use drag and drop editor equipped with plenty of presets for rookie and experienced marketers
- Reports and analytics
- A key feature for email marketing services, Sendinblue integrates email click map, google analytics integration, and geotracking
- List management
- Easy email list, import, export, and contact management
- Email templates
- As previously mentioned, text content is the key sale driver in email marketing. Sendinblue brings over 65 premade email templates to quickly help you on your path towards greater profit.
- Sendinblue can also be used as an SMS and autoresponder tool
All in one marketing platform for small businesses
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform that helps you manage and talk to your clients, customers, and other target audiences. With powerful data analysis, beautifully designed campaigns, and various other features, Mailchimp is a perfectly good tool for e-commerce businesses of all sizes.
However, they are more geared towards the smaller side. Mailchimp has its fair share of pros and cons with various paying options.
- Through reporting
- Includes tracking, social media, and google analytics integration, and client analytics.
- Generous free plan
- The free plan allows 10,000 emails to be sent to 2000 subscribers, which is a good start.
- Great template editor
- It has a clean interface and simple, however powerful editor
- Extra features
- Mailchimp sports many features and there are hundreds of new ones on the way
- High-cost subscription plans
- Although the free plan is generous enough, you will quickly need more extensive packages for more revenue, which can take a toll financially since the premium package is 300$ monthly. But, you can use Mailchimp discount codes to make the price more affordable.
Grow, sell, and engage with your audience—all from a single platform
Aweber is an email marketing tool that allows users to create mailing lists, design newsletters, automate email mailing, view and analyze statistics.
Aweber has over 20 years of success with companies and sports over 1 million customers worldwide. Because of this, it is a market leader for email marketing tools for small businesses. Integrating 24/7 US-based customer support, Aweber allows for the quick build of responsive landing pages, contact loading, management, email sending, automatization, push notifications, and many more.
With a simple design and over 1000 partner software solutions, Aweber allows users to integrate apps and services in their emailing lists seamlessly. With a solid free plan and a premium plan that starts at 19$, it is a popular choice for e-commerce businesses.
Powerful, not overpowering
HubSpot is a cloud-based CRM that helps businesses align sales and marketing teams, foster sales enablements, boost ROI, and, all in all, optimize your digital marketing strategy.
With HubSpot’s email marketing tools, you can design and send professional emails independently as well as optimize and improve performance. Powered by HubSpot’s CRM, it is apparent that the data you’re using is accurate.
- Create beautiful email campaigns all by yourself personalized emails
- Optimize email campaigns with analytics
- Leverage email marketing software with CRM data
With a pricey plan that starts at 45$ a month, HubSpot makes the high price point with great features making it a luxurious premium plan for businesses.
Where e-commerce businesses grow
Klaviyo is a growth marketing platform that helps personalize user experiences over-owned marketing channels such as email, SMS, in-app notifications, and web integration. Brands that use Klaviyo made over 3.7 billion USD in last year alone.
Some of the perks Klaviyo brings are:
- Send campaigns
- Automate emails
- Create signup forms
- Leverage segmentation
- Run an A/B test
- Robust integration
- Drag and drop automation builder
Allowing for deep integration with Shopify, it is no surprise that over 67 brands move to Klaviyo each day.
There are hundreds of email marketing services, and it is impossible to research all of them. The best option for most businesses is to experiment with intro and free plans of various ones until you find one for yourself. Maybe the paperboy of the 21st century is right at your fingertips.